Senate Resolution 302, condemning Palestinian terror and incitement to violence against Israelis by the Palestinian Authority, passed unanimously on Tuesday.
A US Senate resolution denouncing Palestinian terror and praising Israeli efforts to bring an end to the violence passed by unanimous vote on Tuesday, JTA reported.
The bi-partisan resolution, introduced on November 3, 2015, by Senators Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn) and Kelly Ayotte (R-New Hampshire), categorically called on Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to stop the incitement by Palestinian officials against Israelis.
The resolution, titled “A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate in support of Israel and in condemnation of Palestinian terror attacks,” according to the Congress website:
– Condemns Palestinian terror attacks against Israelis
– Welcomes Israel’s commitment to maintaining the status quo on the Temple Mount.
– Urges the President and the international community to join in condemning these Palestinian terror attacks.
– Declares that there is no justification for these types of attacks and that there is a direct correlation between the recent upsurge in violence and Arab incitement regarding the Temple Mount.
– Stands with the people of Israel and supports Israel’s right to self-defense.
– Supports the agreement to install surveillance cameras on the Temple Mount.
– Calls upon President Abbas to stop all incitement by Palestinian officials and media and to take all steps necessary to halt these attacks.
– Supports the individuals and organizations working to encourage cooperation between Israelis and Palestinians.
– Encourages President Abbas to continue strengthening and maintaining security cooperation with Israel.
– Reiterates that Palestinian political goals will never be achieved through violence, and calls on all parties to return to the negotiating table.
The resolution was introduced in response to the intense rise in Palestinian terror attacks throughout Israel since the Jewish New Year in September, when Arab were rioting at the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem. As of Tuesday, Nov. 10, since September 14 there were 65 stabbings, seven shootings and eight vehicular attacks. Twelve Israelis died in the attacks, 158 were wounded – 20 seriously – and Magen David Adom paramedics treated 72 people for shock.
By: United with Israel Staff
Israelis are Under Attack. Do You Support Israel?
Want to do something important for Israel? Make a donation to help fight against Palestinian incitement and terror.
The Palestinians’ self-proclaimed knife intifada is the latest result of ongoing incitement against innocent Israelis. Israelis are being stabbed, shot and run over. Yet the world is silent. Help Israel to fight and win the war against terror. The time to act is now!
Now more than ever, Israel needs your help to fight the battle of public opinion. Israel’s enemies are using social media to incite brutal terror against innocent civilians. You can help to remove Facebook pages and Youtube videos calling for the murder of Israelis. The People of Israel need your help to do even more!
Support from true friends of Israel like you make this possible, so please show your support today!
Source: United with Israel